Monday, September 19, 2005

Arctic potato farmers

I`ve got this passion about potatoes. Not the most exciting thing to become passioned about, I guess.
But it`s a fantastic vegetable.
A long time ago it was exported from America to Europe, helping poor people from starvation.
And it`s so easy. I just get some free, old potatoes from the grocery shop. Put them into the soil. And in the autumn I have these many, lovely, fresh potatoes.

At the same time I become a bit stressed.
Because when I walk along the street I see my neighbours potato fields. And they are always better than mine. With high potato grass.
My neighbours are old guys, who for centuries have followed the best way to cultivate potatoes in the Arctic.
And I keep doing mistakes.
But in the end it`s okay. Finally I get my potatoes. Some of them are very small. But so good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you click on some of my ad`s, you`ll give a small contribution to the work of my blog.