Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The record is dead

cd


There is only one record shop in this town. Soon there will be none.
Two youths have given up to run their independent music store.

I remember the magic of the record shop from when I was a kid. How I was hypnotized into another world when I opened the LP-cover. Made me spend all my savings on it.

When the "mp3-virus" hit the record companies, I thought they got what they deserved. Since most of the kids savings and loyalty was spent on champagne, expensive drugs and by throwing televisions out of hotel windows.

Now, when my computer also has quite a lot of mp3 music loaded, I feel guilty.
Cause I don`t like it when two hard working youths have to give up. Also knowing that their records will be difficult to find elsewhere.

I bought five records from their shop today. They were extra cheap.
They guy from the shop wished me a happy Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you click on some of my ad`s, you`ll give a small contribution to the work of my blog.