Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Food and ink makes mushroom

This is a mushroom which is one of my favourites.
In Norwegian it is called "matblekksopp". Directly translated as "food-ink-mushroom". Due to the fact that it developes a juice that looks like ink if it gets too old to pick. And at the same time you can eat it. As food (do you follow?).
People around this Arctic area don`t normally eat any mushrooms. They are very sceptical to it. That leaves more to a southener like me. And everyone passing by in their cars were looking at me with big eyes when I jumped around the field, picking the loads of mushrooms.
And yes. It is very tasty. Like velvet. Very nice to mix with cream, garlic and spices into a stew.
Bon apetite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you click on some of my ad`s, you`ll give a small contribution to the work of my blog.