Friday, December 30, 2005

With a promise of a brighter time


There has been some bright hours in the middle of the two latest days. The light can be viewed on the sky in south, from the sun who is hiding somewhere there in the south.
In the afternoon the darkness comes and gives extra colour.

The sky, the old zeppelin mast (in memorial of the North pole zeppelin explorers like Amundsen from Norway and Nobile from Italy in the 1800) and the town all give a promise of a bighter time.

I got more and more eager to capture this with my camera. Was creaping further and further out towards the sea. Until I had to escape from some waves that almost swallowed both me and the camera.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeruen said...

What are those streaks of lights in the final picture?

I cannot imagine what your sunlight is like, given that you are so north. Here in Buffalo, around this time of the year, by 16:00 it is already dark, something that doesn't happen in Manila.

I actually got curious as to where Varanger is, I went and checked out some of your links, it seems a very exciting place to visit! I'd like to visit it someday.

But first, let me save money...

31 December, 2005 02:47  
Blogger Halvard Mikal Sæbø said...

The last picture is simply the movement of my camera when I had to save it from the waves.

Right now its no sun at all here. Darkness 22 hours a day, and two hours of twilight. But a lot of colours in the south, and northern lights.

Varanger is the region in the northeast of Norway. It`s very beautiful here. I guess you need som planning and saving to visit the region. But it`s really not a problem. Many tourists stop by each year.

31 December, 2005 21:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you click on some of my ad`s, you`ll give a small contribution to the work of my blog.